Akalain mong may Chico flavor pala ang Magnolia ice cream noon. Ang chico ay tinatawag ding 'sapodilla' na galing sa Southern Mexico, Caribbean, at sa Central America.
Ngunit hindi ito ang unang pagkakataong mayroong kakaibang lasa ng sorbetes sa ating bansa (but this isn't the first time that we've had weird ice cream flavors in our country). Here are other flavors that are odd and weird with some which may only be found in our country --
1. Ensaymada which is available in Fog City Creamery
2. Butter beer (well hello Harry Potter fans!) is actually butterscotch ice cream with some crushed toffee.
3. Dragon Pavlova Rolled ice cream - get it at Elait in Makati.
4. Papa Diddi's Mango Ginger
5. Karabella Dairy's Salted Egg Caramel
6. Burnt Rice ice cream is available in Manila Creamery
7. Beer and garlic nuts (Carousel Creamery in Greenhills, San Juan)
8. Illustrado Restaurant in Intramuros, Manila serves the famed Sampaguita with vanilla ice cream
9. Sili or chili ice cream available in most parts of Bicol and the 1st Colonial Grill in Pasay City.
10. Carabao milk ice cream
11. Bibingka (rice cake) ice cream
12. Gabi (taro root) ice cream
13. Ampalaya ice cream
14. Wasabi ice cream
15. Durian ice cream
16. Lechon ice cream
17. Tilapia-flavored ice cream
12 Unique Ice Cream Flavors To Try In Manila. (2018, May 12). Retrieved July 3, 2018, from https://www.wheninmanila.com/12-unique-ice-cream-flavors-to-try-in-manila/
Reynante, R. (2015, April 28). 12 Weird Ice Cream Flavors You'll Find Only in The Philippines: Matutunaw Ka Sa Sarap! Retrieved July 3, 2018, from http://www.choosephilippines.com/eat/local-flavors/2881/12-weird-ice-cream-flavors-find-philippines/
Memory Will Remain: The Untold Story of Julie Vega
The story of the Philippine Soap Opera Princess as told by her family, friends, colleagues, reporters, and fans.
How to Leave Debt & Stay Happily Married
Who would even dare think of this word when you are high up on the clouds during your honeymoon phase? Yet no matter how blissful your first few months or years are, money issues eventually have their way of taking a toll on the relationship, and if these remain unsolved, the situation could easily lead to separation.
Primarily given for FREE, this eBook is now available for download for the minimal price of just P150.00.
Save money, save your marriage. Learn how!
E.S. Villamor has made a career in writing for a decade now. Her online business - GIML (Gabriela Isabel & Miguel Lucas) Publishing started in 2014. She advocated for women's rights and was once enamored with imparting financial literacy through training and blogs but she is now focused on propagating all things Filipino. This site is also being groomed as a rich homeschooling resource.